Home > Performing > Performing Groups
What are Performing Groups?
- Performing Groups are a group of dancers dedicated to learning and rehearsing choreography to perform at various venues throughout the season.
- Performing Groups serve as stepping stones into Premier Company and Hip Hop Company.
How do I join the a Performing Group?
Performing Group members are selected through an audition process held in April for the following season.
What are the different Performing Groups?
For the 2013-2014 season, Premier Dance Academy will have three Performing Groups including Jazz, Lyrical, and Hip Hop.
Who can be a part of Performing Groups?
- The Jazz and Lyrical Performing Groups are available to Level III students at Premier Dance Academy.
- The Hip Hop Performing Group is available to students enrolled in Level III or Level IV* at Premier Dance Academy.
* This applies only to students not eligible for Premier Company or Hip Hop Company.
What are the performing opportunities for Performing Groups?
- Performing Groups have the opportunity to perform in local events in the community. (i.e. school carnivals, festivals, and holiday events)
- Performing Group members are eligible to participate in selected dance conventions in Houston.
- Performing Group members participate in master classes & workshops hosted by PDA.
- Performing Group members are showcased in the annual Fall Choreography Showcase, Christmas Pre-Show, Spring Choreography Showcase, and Spring Recital.